As we continue to work on our first ever Player Rankings, we wanted to share an update on our process. We have created a "Master Player List" as a starting point that includes players in the classes of 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 that satisfy any of the following conditions:
1) Current Outdoor Junior National Team Members
2) Current Indoor Junior National Team Members
3) 2015 Junior National Camp Participants
4) 2015 Futures Elite Championship Participants
5) 2015 AAU Junior Olympic Selections
6) 2015 U14, U16 & U19 National Futures Championship Participants
7) 2015 NFHCA High School All-Americans
8) 2015 NFHCA High School All-Region Selections
9) 2015 MAX Field Hockey All-Region Selections
These 9 criteria, gave us a total of 657 players and the following breakdown by class:
The last three steps for finalizing our Master Player List are:
1) Adding High School All-State selections from 2015 and some of the bigger private school conference 1st Team All-Stars for areas that do not have All-State recognitions.
2) Adding players who have completed a MAX Field Hockey Player Profile. The Player Profile tool was created so that players who do not meet one of the above criteria can still be considered in the rankings.
3) Adding in Futures Level 1 participants for 2016
We are confident that the above steps will provide us with the best and most comprehensive player list from which to do these Player Rankings from. Once the Master Player List is complete, we will be reaching out to college, club and high school coaches for feedback. As we have continued to work on these rankings, we have begun to sway more towards completing a Top 5, Top 50 and Next 50 for 2016s and 2017s, and just the Top 5 and Top 50 for 2018s and 2019s. Stay tuned for more information in the weeks ahead!